Hello there. For those that are new to my blog, I consider the act of transitioning the act of living with courage. To avoid stagnation and that rut called the "comfort zone" is to face the wind without a balaclava! I write this of course with the wind chill at -15 and snow up to my knees, so please forgive me for those that are reading this in Florida! (No, I'm not jealous - I'm happy for your warmth.....really.....I am!)
The last few months, since I've gone through my own re-branding process, have been some of the best experiences in my career. I've met and worked with wonderfully creative and strategic people and have had way too much fun while doing it.
I've been in branding/marketing and communications for 15 years (or so). However I think I've always been a communications guru.
As an only child - I sought out every playmate on our block. As a school age young woman, I was extremely social and carried a "daytimer" in my school bag. As an adult, I seek out the company of others. Preferably people who are, in return, equally "company friendly". So is it any wonder that I've embraced Social Media as another opportunity to stay in touch and socialize?
The "ah ah" for me in the last couple of years is that Social Media, while great for staying in touch with my good friends in Switzerland and Dubai, is a powerful tool for business! With so many households now having computers, for us social mavens - who like to let our fingers do the talking, Social Media is a direct contact into the lives and homes of potential consumers.
Now, please, I'm not saying that we as human beings don't need to be face to face with each other. People will fly thousands of miles to see each other, build extra rooms to live together and leave our nice warm homes to go and sit for hours in a coffee shop with comfy chairs to catch up and just be in the company of others!
The take away here is that Social Media is a great add on, not a substitute for traditional communications. This is an exciting time to be in branding/marketing and communications. So many tools available for us to offer our clients as they themselves - transition!
For more pertinent and up to date information on Social Media:
idig Communications http://idigmarketing.com/
Thank you for your ongoing support
No comments:
Post a Comment